Thursday, January 29, 2009

A QUIET week.......

Talia went back to Kindy on Monday which has meant that our house has been very quiet this week...... Kalem and I have taken advantage of this rare 'quiet' time and I have been teaching him to knit (yes Dad...knit!!). He has been wanting to learn for a while, but I have been very wary of teaching him as he gets very grumpy if he can't get the hang of things straight away. Lucky for me, he has picked it up quite quickly and apart from the occasional squeal of help mum, he is doing really well knitting a scarf for his bear! It is so cute watching him concentrating on every stitch, he does however seems to be adding a new stitch every row which should make for quite an odd looking scarf, but I don't think he will mind! We sat together on the couch for ages just chatting and knitting, it was so cool.......

He also spent a morning making a pom pom and then turning it into this lovely tarantula called 'Tuffy'...... Lola loves it and keeps trying to eat the eyes.
I have been wanting to make felt bangles for a while now, so yesterday morning I gave it a go. They were much harder than I thought and I don't think that I was doing it right. I did kind of make one and I will post pic when it is completely finished. I found a great book yesterday afternoon on felt jewellery at the library, so am going to give it another go when I have a chance....


I have to say a huge thank you for all your lovely comments and emails about my last post. You all made me feel so much better with your kind words!!!!!! X

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the little pom pom spider, what a great job.
You felted bangle sounds lovely!

LissyLou said...

The spider is so cute, looking forward to seeing the bangle x

Anonymous said...

I love your Spider :)
Julie, if you pop over to my blog there is a tree of happiness award for you there!
Natalie
X

Heart Felt said...

Hi Julie, thanks so much for your kind comment...you are so lovely. Love the little spider, very cute, I loved making pom pom's when I was a kid. xx

Claire said...

I love seeing boys knit!!!!

Claire xox

Anonymous said...

I love making felt jewellery. You need to check out on my side bar Jujulovespolkadots blog - it might even be one of her books you have from the library. Scroll through some of her archives for some inspiration eg sewing beads on to felt balls etc. Just got to grout the table now and then I will blog it. Cant wait to finish it. Bought a table for £2 today and want to do an Orla Kiely type pattern on it. Cant wait. Love Emma xxxxx PS we cant have anaesthetic at the dentist due to allergy - found out when had fits after having my wisdom teeth out!!!!!!! You were very brave - most people hate the dentist - I am lucky mine is a friend so I trust him 100% which makes all the difference. Have a good week.

Cut&Alter said...

Hi again Julie! So I've just caught up on your blog - you've been up to so much. I missed out on all the Christmas creativity - your angels and trees are fabulous - can't believe I missed your giveaway!!!! Your little one is growing up so fast - where do the baby days go?! I started reading your dentist blog but has to stop as it bought back such bad memories of when I was pregnant and breastfeeding and endured 3 months of dental treatment and toothache and finally has enough and had my tooth out - the sound of the tooth coming out is still with me too! Hope that you're all OK now and looking forward to keeping up to date with you. x

Claire said...

Hey how are you doing Julie? Everything ok with you?

Claire

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.