Friday, January 9, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

I have been on a bit of a blogging break as we have been away since just after Christmas having a wonderful time at the top of the South island in Nelson visiting friends. Happy New Year to you all by the way, a bit late I know. Hope that everybody had a lovely Christmas, we had a great day and I thought that I would post a few pics of our Christmas morning mainly for my mum and dad who I know really miss the kids at this time of year. It seems weird looking through these photo's as Christmas seems like a distant memory.................

It all started in the very early hours, one very tired daddy and one very excited young lady eager to start her very first Christmas....
and then there were 3 little monkey's bouncing on the bed......
then began the crazy unwrapping of what seemed like a million presents...
Happy Christmas faces......


Talia's gorgeous new purple bike bought with money sent by my lovely generous brothers. Just what she wanted all purple and sparkly with dingly dangly bits and the all important seat at the back for her doll. A very happy wee girl.........
Errrrrrr who is gonna tidy up this mess???????
My Christmas angels.........
So now we are back home, unpacked, the 3 billion loads of washing have been done and it's time to get on with 2009. I am looking forward to a crafty year, hopefully involving the use of my sewing machine. I made a few things for Christmas that I used my machine for which I will post about very soon. I also tried to teach myself crochet while I was a away, I had some success, but I still have a LONG way to go. Hope that everyone is enjoying the beginning of 2009, I am off to catch up on all my favourite blogs............... X

4 comments:

Kiki said...

Wishing you a very happy and surprising 2009, hope that sewing machine brings you much happiness. I know it will.

Daisie said...

Happy New Year to you!!!
We also have friends that live in Nelson, perhaps it's not such a big world after all!
xxx

Claire said...

Wondered where you had got too!!! Happy new year Julie! I can't believe how BIG Lola looks! She is getting to look so much like her sister and brother every time I see a new photo of her. Christmas looked good at your house :)

Claire xox

Poppy said...

Lovely photos!!!

Lou xxx

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.