Monday, October 20, 2008

KNITTING, FLOWERS AND WINE....

Ahhhhhh the birthday week is over......... Talia's little party on Friday went really well and she had a great time with her little pals. It is quite good actually as the children that were here on Friday are all kids of my friends. Between us all we have got quite a number now, my house seemed to be full to bursting with excited little ones and that is not even counting the school kids in the group. Sure makes for fun, loud, messy BBQ's I can tell you............

Last week I also finished Lola's Tikki Rainbow dress which I am beyond happy with. The watermelon yarn knitted up like a dream and I LOVE the way the colours have pooled near the top. I know that some people don't like pooling, but I love the effect it has had on this little dress...... what do you think??? I still have to block it, but I am not actually sure what that means, I think that it is going to stop the moss stitch edge from curling up though. You can see my finger holding it down in the photo. Not sure what the sizing is like as my little Lola has been unwell and definitely not in the mood for modeling. I am so pleased with it and it was really easy if anybody is thinking of giving it a go.

Thought that I would also show another of my WIP's, a soon(ish) to be jumper I am knitting using Cleckheaton Vintage Hues. I saw this jumper knitted up at Knitworld and knew I had to try to knit if for myself. This is what Gabes calls a 'knitting in the dark project', very easy to knit while watching telly. No hurry for it though as won't be needed until Autumn (I am being very optimistic about having a fabulous summer..). I'm finding the yarn a bit of a pain to knit with as it keeps breaking, it's such lovely colours though that I am going to stick with it.
I had to post this photo of Talia, my friend brought round her very first bunch of flowers. She was really thrilled and felt very grown up. They are the most beautiful bunch of Gerbera's in different shades of pink, gorgeous! What a wonderful sweet thought....

Oh yeah, and the same very kind friend also brought me this yummy bottle of Savvy as a happy (surviving) being mum to Talia for 4 years pressie. It's going on top of the cupboard until I can actually drink it as I am still nursing and then it's mine all mine!!!!!!!
A VERY BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVELY BIRTHDAY WISHES LEFT FOR TALIA................................... XXX

5 comments:

sweetp said...

Enjoy your wine! Love your rainbow dress, and I am a fan of pooling. I did another one of her patterns in a small size and also got the triangle thing going on , its so cute!! Blocking something like that could just be giving it a wash and when you dry it flat it will stop the edges rolling. Just be very gentle and dont spin in the machine (just roll in a towel)

Claire said...

Ohhh I want one! What a fab dress, scrumptious. Can't wait to see it on! Was the pattern easy? I'd like to make something like this - I love the pooling effect and particularly like the straps and top bit I am a fan of square necklines. Lovely!

Megan Rose said...

Wow! I love Lola's little dress. I never would have known that the 'pooling' wasn't intentional. I think it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Lovely dress - wish I could knit!! Crochet not such a good look for a dress - all those holes etc! Very unfair you talking about a fabulous summer - getting chilly here now but is much better than the summer we didnt have! Glad you are abroad now!!!!

Love Emma xxxxx

Daisie said...

You've been tagged, come and play!!
xxx

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.