Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The sharing of homemade goodness...

Everybody here in Christchurch seems to have gone relish MAD!!!! You can't visit someone without leaving with a jar of homemade 'something', it's GREAT! Aren't we so lucky to live surrounded by all of these wonderful generous people. I am quite sure that we will never again have to buy a jar of relish from the money sucking supermarket! The 3 jars pictured below are our stash from the weekend, Lemon relish, Quince jelly and Green Tomato chutney. They now go into the pantry to join the Date and Rhubarb chutney, Tomato relish, Zucchini relish, Plum jam, homemade Tomato sauce, Garlic sauce and I am sure there are a few that I have forgotten. We DEFINITELY need to have a cheese and wine party in the very near future........


From homemade food to handmade felt brooches. My felt obsession does not seem to be diminishing and I have been trying my hand at making brooches. I have got so many petals and leaves cut out of felt to make up, but here are 3 that are finished. I felted 'more' 100% wool jumpers to get the lovely thick felt and they are embellished with needle felting.


I also made some children's brooches (so far all have been nabbed by Talia). The little toadstool is my favourite and looks so cool on Talia's jacket, it measures about 3cm The little fairy is Talia's favourite and she measures about 5cm from the top of her purple hair to her little glass bead shoes.


I am hoping that I will be able to get a stall at the 2nd Craft 2.0 here in Christchurch in October. If you have not been to this then you have to go it is filled with amazingly talented people selling a wide range of fantastic Indie crafts. The first craft 2.0 for this year is on June 6th (can hardly wait), but there is no way that I will be organised for that. I am also still playing around with lot's of different ideas and really knowing me I won't be organised in October either, but it's good to dream a little!
PS. Just in case you were wondering I have no hand whatsoever in the making of relishes or chutneys, this job belongs to my very clever hubby!

6 comments:

sweetp said...

I loved the fairy too :D

Please tell your hubby we are very much enjoying the sauce you gave us! Yummy, he is very talented

Heart Felt said...

How lovely, homemade relish is so much nicer than bought. Love the wee brooches - wonderful. xx

Claire said...

Oh I love the swirly brooch! It is gorgeous - and the kids ones - they will be a sell out! Lovely Julie :)

Nova said...

ohhh so pretty!

Millie said...

Lovely, unique shapes you have going in the flower brooches. I think you'll find the fairytale mushrooms are popular with big girls too! Millie x

Cut&Alter said...

Love the brooches Julie!!! How exciting thinking about doing a craft fair - they'll definitely go down well. Are you planning on selling any before then? Hint, hint!!!! x

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.