Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Good Life.....

You may well be wondering what the strange green object is in the photo below, well it's Hubby's new baby..............................

He has decided to take a little break from relish making and has now moved on to brewing his own beer. This huge monstrosity is now sitting in the kitchen taking up loads of space!!! This morning I received a text from hubby asking me to wrap the container (his baby) in a blanket to keep the precious beer at the right temperature. Don't want the beer to catch a cold now do we.....

On the subject of colds, winter is well and truly here, it has not stopped raining for days and it is freezing. I have not been able to walk to school for ages, which means that the 3 (yes 3) pieces of baked raspberry cheesecake made by Julian (how I love this man) that I ate over the weekend is still sitting happily on my hips....................

I have decided to join Julian in our mission to live the good life and I am going to start baking my own bread. The price of a loaf of bread at the moment is ridiculous, has anyone else noticed this??? Anyway I got this book out of the library the other day and it looks great. Freshly baked bread in only 5 minutes a day, sounds perfect, I will let you know how it turns out.


On the knitting front I have finished my Meret Beret and it is blocking as I type. This is the first time that I have ever blocked any of my knitting, but it wasn't as slouchy as I had hoped, my own fault for only do one repeat instead if two, but I didn't think I had enough yarn (which I did..). Oh well I am hoping that blocking may stretch it a bit, I will post a photo once it is dry. Have a great day............. X

2 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

Hey let me know what you think of the bread book. We borrowed it over the summer.

Cut&Alter said...

I'd also love to know how the bread baking goes. I made my first loaf by hand when I was back in the UK and although it tasted lovely I don't think I'm ready for the rising, waiting, rising etc (I'm prone to some forgetfulness!!!) so I'm going to dust of the breadmaker here and try that. And yes I agree that the price of a loaf of bread is pretty dire! x

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.