Thursday, May 7, 2009

PLEATED BEAUTY BAG...

Well my obsession with bag making is continuing along nicely. I snatched a few hours over the weekend and hid in the sleep-out (my craft room) to make this bag from Amy Karol's book Bend the Rules Sewing. It is the 'Pleated Beauty Bag' and I LOVE it. It is definitely my favourite bag so far even though there were one or two moments of frustration whilst making it. The frustration however did not come from Amy's instructions, but rather from my rushing to get it finished. I lost count of how many times my seam ripper (grim reaper) was used, but it was all worth it in the end! I learnt a few new tricks along the way and I even mastered pleats.... yes, look it has pleats!!! Hmm perhaps 'mastered' is actually too strong a word for something that was really very easy....
The bag is made using some curtain fabric from Spotlight that was ultra cheap in the sale and one of my old dresses. I loved the fabric of the dress, but it was a really bad shape on me, so I am happy that it has now been recycled into something new. I used the dress fabric for the pleats, the inside pocket, the inside handles and I also made the little patch on the front of the bag. The lining I made from an old purple sheet, so all in all a very cost effective bag. I think that I will definitely be making more of these as the possibilities for them are endless......

Is anybody else out there obsessed with making bags??? If so I would love to come and have a peek at yours.......... Peace 'n Love X

3 comments:

Agnes NZ said...

Really cute bag!

Bagladee said...

Me :) loving the beauty bag x

Unknown said...

the bag is awesome!

my roommate bought a panda bag!
She is just THRILLED with it and can’t put it down.
hkpanda.freetzi.com

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.