Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crafy Business

Lucky me living in Christchurch once a month I get to go to the Crafty Business group. The group was set up by some very clever peeps - Millie of Pink Paper Pinafore, Amy from the Loop Knittery and Lucy from Felt. The aim of the group is to get like minded craft lovers together to exchange ideas, network and get some great business help and advice. Last night was the second evening, I did go to the first, but did not blog about it as it was jut before my friend arrived from the UK.

What a fantastic evening, Lucy gave some brilliant advice on business planning and it was really cool to meet so many talented people. I mean what could be more fun than hanging out with so many funky, arty, crafters in a pub on a Monday evening???? I met so many cool people who I am really hoping to get to know much better over time. The highlight of my evening though was meeting the very lovely Millie, I have gotten to know her through blogging and it was such a treat to meet her in person.

If you live in Christchurch and fancy heading along to the next meeting then check out the Crafty Business blog. Maybe I'll see you there next month, I am already looking forward to it!!! Thanks heaps to Millie, Amy and Lucy for organising such a fabulous evening!! X

2 comments:

Heart Felt said...

Sound fab.....lucky you - so much talent and inspiration! x

Cut&Alter said...

Oh you are so lucky! It's sounds like a great night. Now I just have to find some like-minded people in the Manawatu! x

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.