Monday, September 15, 2008

A shrug and a bib......


FINALLY a couple of finished projects.............

First up is my green shrug from Erika Knight's book Glamour. It seems to have taken absolutely ages to knit this, but I guess I was only picking it up every now and then. For some reason unknown to me I also used double the amount of wool that the pattern stated, thus making it quite an expensive shrug!!!!!! I am quite pleased with it though and I love the colour of the yarn. It's knit using double yarn making it toasty warm and just the thing for those chilly summer evenings.


Excuse half smile half grimace on face, my photographer was making me laugh. oh and yes this is what a tired mother of 3 looks like after almost 7 months of broken sleep.....................


I also knitted up this cute little petal bib, but I can't remember which book I got the pattern from, something to do with 'one skein.....'.


My chubby cheeked model, look at them, she is like a little chipmunk...... A cute and adorable little chipmunk of course!


Next on my list is the Tikki Rainbow dress for Lola, just have to find some yarn to match the lovely ball that Claire sent me. I am also knitting myself a jumper from Cleckheaton Vintage Twist pattern book. I have actually started this jumper, but I am just planning on slowly working my through it over the summer. I also have a few non-knitting crafty projects on the go as well, but will blog about those another time.
I have a sick little girl home from Kindy today so I'm off to stroke some soft blonde hair, just like my mum used to do to me when I felt sick. Poor little lamb, she is asleep on the couch at the moment surrounded with teddies. Bless!

6 comments:

sweetp said...

Love the shrug!

And the petal bib is so cute. I've got the book from the library atm. Its one skein by leigh radford. And i'm going to make one now Ive seen how cute yours looks :D

sweetp said...

Ps
I tagged you for a meme. Details on my blog. No pressure

Heart Felt said...

Julie, you look great! Just like every other mother with kids, beautiful. Your wee one looks quite chuffed with the new bib, adorable! xx

Cut&Alter said...

Great shrug and great model!! Ditto for the bib and chipmunk! x

Claire said...

Lovely! I love the shrug! What a gorgeous bub in the bib :) So cute :lol What a cool thing to knit!

skatey katie said...

woah, you're so clever...
love that shrug!!
and i say you're looking fabulous: smile or no smile.
mwah X

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.