Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tagged

A few days ago I was tagged by the lovely Melody from biglittlesister to do a 'meme', this is the first time that I have been tagged....

The rules of play: I have to answer 6 questions about myself. At the end of the post, I then tag 6 people and post their names, then go to their blogs and leave them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read my blog. Then, I must let the person who tagged me know when I have posted my answers.

So here goes.....................

PLACES I HAVE LIVED
* Liverpool, UK
* South Africa
* Cheltenham, UK
* Brockworth, Gloucester, UK
* Eilat, Israel
* London, UK
* Christchurch, NZ

WHAT I WAS DOING 10 YEARS AGO
I had to ask my husband this question as my memory seriously does not go back that far!!!!! Anyway this time 10 years ago I was child free and husband free, well kind of Julian and I were together. We had just left London where we had been living in a large house filled with Kiwi's, Aussie's, a South African and me the one and only Pom. I had been waitressing in a really busy restaurant in Covent Garden, working all hours to save up enough money to travel with the new love of my life (whom I found on a drunken night in Israel...). Exactly 10 years ago to the month we (J and I) were travelling through South East Asia with our good friend Sarah, Paul and also for a while J's brother Nick, we were probably in Laos. It seems weird to think back on those days, nothing to do but travel from place to place, eating sticky rice (the only veggie food in Loas) and reading novel after novel...................... no fighting children, nappies to be changed, 5 loads of washing to be done, school homework to check, fairy wands to make, dusting and hoovering, etc, etc........

FIVE THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST TODAY (I love lists...)
* Buy a present for Talia's pre-school friend who is having a party tomorrow.
* Make a fairy wand with T. (Done)
* Go to supermarket to buy flour and red wine.
* Phone college re: Midwifery course, this has been on my list all week, deserves noting even though can't do anything today as it's Saturday!!!! Monday definitely.
* Knitting and probably some tidying as can't see the floor for dolls, cars, teddies, Dora lego!

SNACKS THAT I ENJOY
Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate, I wish I was one of those people who don't have a sweet tooth.........they do exist really!!!!!

Luckily I also love rice crackers, hummus, dried apricots, almonds, cheese crackers, bagel chips.

WHAT WOULD I DO IF I WAS A BILLIONAIRE
Would definitely move to Nelson and buy some land, J could have his Alpaca's and bee's finally. Would pay all of the bills on time.... Would buy somewhere to live in Cornwall, England so can go from the summer here to the summer there. Would share it with our families. Would take all of my girlfriends that are dotted about the world to this fantastic little hippy health spa, veggie resort that I stumbled across (but could not afford) when travelling in Thailand. I would pay my brothers to come and live in NZ coz I miss them soooooo. Would buy a sewing machine and lot's of lovely fabric. I would make sure that I had a lovely crafty studio all of my own...... Then I would use the rest to help out in any way I can to reduce poverty, especially in the places that I have travelled where 5 year old children are on the streets at midnight selling matches to strange tourists..................................................

So that's that then, I have looked through other peoples blogs and most seem to have been tagged already, so I will leave it up to you if you are reading this and want to join in please do, it's fun honestly........X

1 comment:

Melody said...

Thanks Julie!! That was a great read.

Its funny to think back 10 yrs ago, pre-child/ren isn't it? Life was so very different...

You'd make a great billionaire!!

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.