Sunday, May 18, 2008

Welcome to my life....

Wow... I can hardly believe that after weeks of pondering I am finally starting my first ever blog!! I have been so inspired by reading other peoples blogs, what a fabulous insight into how people live their lives perfect for a nosey parker like me. Now it does feel slightly indulgent to be writing about myself, but I figure that my Mum will love it seeing as she lives on the other side of the world and hey if anyone does happen to come across my blog then happy reading!! So here are my reasons for starting this blog:

* I love the idea of having a journal, but never seem to get around to putting pen to paper, it is so much easier turning on the computer.
* I want somewhere that I can keep a record of all of those lovely things that my children say and do, like how that other day my daughter thought that twins were called twinkles...how adorable is that!
* I am hoping that by writing down my plans, ideas etc., that this will push me into doing them. For example this year I am determined to learn how to sew.....see now that it is actually down for all the world (or at least my mum) to see I have no choice but to get on with it!
* I want to keep a track of my journey into midwifery from the very start and considering that I have not even applied for the course yet, this is a good place to begin.
* I would love to meet some other lovey crafty bloggers with similar interests.
* Finally, but probably most importantly I want a place that I can waffle on to my hearts content..........

A quick note about me... I am a 36 year old mama of three. My beautiful little blessing are Kalem aged 7 who throughout this blog will be referred to as Spud, Talia aged 3 aka Boo and our latest and FINAL addition lovely Lola aged 3 months as of yesterday! I am a stay at home mum at the moment but I am hoping next year to head off to Polytech to do a 5 month bridging course which will hopefully lead to doing a full time 3 year degree in Midwifery the following year 2010, fingers crossed. I am from England and am now living here in beautiful New Zealand with my lovely kiwi hubby Julian....probably more about him later!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely blog. Love the mosaics. I get so inspired reading other people´s blogs. Whether I get the time to do anything is another story.....

Melody said...

Hi - Here via Ingrid who only 'delurked' herself on my blog today!!

Blogging is a wonderful thing but you've been warned. You will never see life the same now - you're always thinking to yourself "I should blog about that!/How will I blog about that?/That will be good on my blog!" etc., etc., Trust me - you've been warned.

(keep up the great work!)

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.