Monday, November 10, 2008

POST....

Last week I received the books that I had ordered from Fishpond the online NZ bookstore. They have a great selection of craft books and if you spend over $50 then postage is free. The Creative family by Amanda Blake Soule who writes the blog Soulemama is brilliant and I highly recommend it. She has great ideas for family craftiness.... I have actually had the book out of the library twice, but it is definitely a book to keep!! The other book I ordered was about sewing skirts, the patterns look pretty simple, so once I have actually been brave enough to turn my sewing machine on I should be able to give them a go!! I don't buy books often as they are expensive and I can't afford them, also we have such a fantastic library here, but there is nothing better than getting your very own lovely new books............................ I don't think that my mum would agree, but I know that my Dad would!!!!!


I was also lucky enough to receive this lovely piece of clay work sent all the way from Austria by the lovely Ingrid. She sent it along with a great article on Nano felting that I really want to do................ sometime. Thanks Ingrid, check out her blog, she writes lovely honest, thought provoking posts......

I finally took a photo of Lola in her rainbow dress, it looks so cute on her. In hindsight though I think that little dresses look better when babies are walking, I am hoping that this will still fit her then! She is on the move at the moment and has started to drag herself along the floor (a bit like a wounded soldier), unlike rolling she can get wherever she wants now. I guess that it won't be long now until she is crawling at a mad speed all over the place and I am running after her like a headless chicken. Time to start moving those breakables......

It is a glorious day here in Christchurch, hope that you are all enjoying the sunshine wherever you are........ X

6 comments:

Heart Felt said...

What a happy little one! Love the dress, it's looks adorable on her. xx

Little Miss Flossy said...

The libraries here are great, aren't they. I reserve stuff online all the time. The Skirts book is brilliant and I use it over and over - hope you enjoy using it.

Kiki said...

I only returned 'The Creative Family' to my library a few weeks back, it was a lovely read.

Can you give me some more information on the skirt sewing book, a friend nearby would be very interested in it. I'm wanting her to practice her sewing skills on me...I need some new summer skirts :-)

Melody said...

Like Kikimiss, I would like details too on that Skirt sewing book. I *heart* skirts.

Look at that cute Lola. She is growing right before our eyes!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - you are joking coming back recharged. I never sleep when I camp = no more camping at the moment. Used to camp all the time and loved it. Hope you have a lovely time. I have too many craft things going on at the moment. Need to take time to focus! Swimming is ace for that - I was so much fitter and thinner when I swam all the time. Got so far to go to get back to how I was :-( Have a great time away.
Love Emma xxxxx

paper-and-string said...

hi :-)
you won my freebie via my blog!!
please pop bu and leave me your address...
thanks!

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.