Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bead and Button Bracelet

Well I know that I said I wasn't going to knit anything until I had finished my shrug.....but just couldn't resist this cuff that I saw in the latest issue of NZ House and Garden while at my MIL's. It is knitted with 1ply mohair and beading wire, it took me a while to get the hang of kitting with the wire, but I am pleased I kept at it. See here for the link showing how to make one.



Hmmm, seems that my link is not working for some reason, if you want to check out how to make the cuff go to nzhouseandgarnden.co.nz. The article is called What a Purler........

5 comments:

Cut&Alter said...

It looks great- the colour is just gorgeous!!! I've had so many comments when I've worn mine I'm sure you will too, although have to say the wool I got from my mum was a bit too scratchy! x

Melody said...

isn't that funky? You should make a heap and sell them via Etsy. I reckon they'd sell.

Heart Felt said...

Hey, that looks great! Love the colour...xx

sweetp said...

Very cute. Must give that one a go one day

nocton4 said...

looks great, now get on with the shrug LOL looking forward to seeing it finished
x

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.