Saturday, July 5, 2008

Longing for summer...........

Today it is a very cold and snowy day here in Christchurch!!! Being English, snow does not really appeal to me, I have seen a lot of it in my life and it basically means it is BLOOMIN FREEZING!!! However, the look of delight on my kids face when it started to snow earlier was a picture. We had actually headed out this morning to a local farmers market, it certainly did not look like it was about to snow, but here in NZ you never know what the weather is going to do. The weather here truly baffles me, on Tuesday it was so warm that Talia had on her crocs and a skirt and now today it is like this...................

Unfortunately it is not really snowman building snow (I'm English, I know my snow...), it's also raining which is a shame as the kids are desperate to get out there. It's days like this that make me long for double glazing and central heating....... Julian has still not taken off his coat and we have been home for about an hour, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

It does look quite magical outside.................. X


2 comments:

skatey katie said...

we've been watching narnia this afternoon. the inside of the wardrobe looks just like your back/front yard X

Bird Bath said...

would've been fun to build a snowman but oh well...the snow does add some fairytale magic to the scene :)

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.