Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Perfect Day........

For a perfect day you need some wonderful friends, a chilly bin full of yummy food, a few beers and some warm clothing. A couple of weekends ago (yes it is taking me a while to get back into blogging...) we went to a mini music festival called Earthdance. We packed the kids in the car on a cold 'spring' day and drove one hour out of Christchurch to a place called Little River. Here we parked the car and walked up a hill (loaded up like pack horses) to a field in the middle of nowhere...... This place was STUNNINGLY beautiful, pure NZ countryside, green and lush and gorgeous. In the field there was a stage, one long drop toilet and a whole bunch of hippies. Boy was I in my element!!!!!!!!!!!!! We sat in our beautiful surroundings wrapped up warm, drinking beer and listening to some brilliant folk/blues bands while the kids ran around the place free as birds exploring the bush. Totally and utterly my idea of a completely PERFECT DAY..... Oh and if you get the chance, which you will probably only get if you live in NZ, go and see The Eastern play live, their music is FABULOUS. Gorgeous friends.....
Beautiful surroundings.....
Lola and Daddy having a boogie.....
Daddy with his very serious looking girls.....
Lolly on the swing, this girls loves to be on the 'wing', as she calls it!
A couple of plastic toboggan's and a hill is really all you need to keep a whole bunch of kids happy all afternoon. They had so much fun and YES I did go down myself......


Okay this photo has absolutely nothing to do with this post, but I love the way she has squeezed her cute chubby little bum into this dolls stroller.
At the moment I am half way through the NZ National Homebirth Conference, which has so far been amazing beyond words! Today I experienced the feeling that I was in the exact right place and the exact right time with the exact right people, I was exactly were I was supposed to be. It was actually a really powerful feeling that I still have not totally processed, but it felt good to know that I am on the right path. Have you ever felt like this? Do you know what I mean?????????? Anyway am super tired now so off to bed. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend as well... X

1 comment:

Nova said...

it sounds fantastic!

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.