Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pancakes, Softies and Felt....

Yesterday was Shrove Tuesday so we had pancakes after dinner, made by Daddy because apparently he makes the best!! Kalem devoured his within about 3 seconds so didn't get a shot of him, but here is Talia tucking in. This child can NOT eat ice cream without smearing it all over her face.... Lola thought that they were lip smacking good!!!
...but not as good as the bowl, YUM!!!
-XXX-
I thought I would also share with you a few photo's from this wonderful book, more softies that I have out from the library.
It has some really cool things to make, my favourites are this extremely cute car and caravan, Talia has requested that I make this asap....
These gorgeous owls that I think I might make for ME, check out those fabulous eyes....
...and this adorable little doll that I am sure Lola really NEEDS....
-XXX-
From things that I want to make to things that I have actually made. A couple of posts ago I mentioned that I was attempting to make a felt bracelet. I made 2 and here they are........
The green one I needle felted some purple/green spots on and then wrapped some green and purple cotton around the bangle. The purple one I just sewed some amethyst chips on in little clusters. To be quite honest I am not blown away with either of them and think that this is probably the end of my felt bracelet making days........
Right I am off to sort our my craft cupboard which at the moment is just a mess of cotton, fabric, embroidery, felt, yarn and knitting needles. Got to find just the right fabric for my first attempt at softie making....... X
PS. Found my camera by the way, which was not lost at all, but sitting on the bookcase exactly where I usually leave it. I seriously need to start getting more sleep!!!

3 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

Oooo that book is in the library? Too cool, I nearly bought it from Fishpond this morning. I found the first one at SaveMart and we've been making some of the easier creatures at school. Your pancake-eaters are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Helloooo

Love the little caravan and car pictures.

Thank you for your lovely comment. It was a really nice heart felt message. Thank you!

Love Emma xxxxx

Jacoline said...

What a great book! Love your pictures!

Your fairy is called Tangle Saturnwand
She is a trouble maker.
She lives at the bottom of tangled gardens and in hedgerows.
She is only seen when the seer holds a four-leafed clover.
She wears tangled dresses of multicoloured petals. She has delicate pale pink wings like a cicada.